School Policies and Tuition
COVID-19 Safety Protocols Update
The BCSTX recognizes that COVID-19 is still a concern for many of our families and community.
For our faculty, staff, students, and guests, masks are not required but always supported. To maintain the health and well-being of our students, BCSTX will continue the following safety precautions:
- BCSTX requires anyone that is sick with ANY illness or experiencing ANY symptoms similar to those related to COVID-19 to stay home.
- To maintain the health and well-being of our students, we continue to ask that BCSTX be notified immediately if a student tests positive for COVID.
- Our faculty and staff will continue cleaning and sanitizing ballet barres and frequently touched areas in the studio, lobby and restrooms.
Overview of School Policies
For your child’s safety…
- Please escort students ages 7 and under in and out of the building, instead of dropping them off in the parking lot or street.
- When arriving, students should quietly prepare for class and assemble quietly outside the classrooms until invited in by their instructor.
- Students in Ballet III and up, however, may quietly enter the classrooms early for warm up.
- Please arrange for prompt pick-up after class. We cannot be responsible for watching children after their class time.
- Dancers are not permitted to wait outside or leave the premises until their parent or guardian collects them.
- Ballet shoes cannot be worn outside of the building: It reduces the life of the shoes and it can bring hazardous materials into the studio that can damage the dance floor and/or cause injuries for students and company dancers.
- All dancers must be wear a “cover-up” over their uniform when entering and leaving the building.
- The lobby in Studio C is restricted to parents and guests, and entry doors to Studio C will remain locked during class for the safety of students. Parents may observe Studio C classes from the main lobby via the flat screen monitor.
For the full list School Policies, see the Student Handbook.
Uniforms and Tuition
Click here to learn how to make the perfect bun for class. Having hair properly secured is essential at The Ballet Conservatory of South Texas.
Tuition Payment Options
- Semester – 5% discount (If you choose to pay semester tuition in full, you may pay by check or cash.)
- Monthly installments are due on the 1st of each month.
- Automatic monthly payments may be set up with your checking account. Your account will automatically be charged on the 1st of every month.
- A late fee of $25 will be charged for payments received after the 5th of the month.
- A fee of $25 will be charged for declined payments.
- Instructors cannot accept tuition payments.
- Family accounts must be current and have a $0.00 balance before the student can participate in performances or receive costumes.
Tuition Discounts (Does not apply to Summer Intensive, Summer Camps, Workshops, and Master Classes)
- 10% for each additional family member enrolled
- 10% military discount
- Annual Registration Fee: $50 per family. Registration Fee is waived for summer programming.
- Academy Showcase Fee: $125 per student. Showcase fee is due January 5, 2024 and includes your dancer’s costume.
- All tuition payments are non-refundable. This also includes tuition payments for summer kids camp, summer intensive, summer classes, adult ballet class cards and master class fees.
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we do not issue refunds. Thank you for your support!
Financial aid may be available for those who qualify. Click here for more information. Please direct financial aid inquiries to Marie Sanchez, Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 210-820-3400.
The deadline to submit a completed application for financial aid for the 2023-2024 Academic year is Wednesday, July 19, 2023. Please check back for information on financial aid for the 2024-2025 performance season.