School Policies and Tuition
COVID-19 Safety Protocols Update
The BCSTX faculty and staff in Creative Movement I – Ballet II will be wearing masks at all times while in the studio, and we strongly encourage our students to do the same.
Faculty and students in Ballet III – Ballet VI are strongly encouraged to wear masks while in the studio.
To maintain the health and well-being of our students, we are continuing the following safety precautions:
- Temperature checks and hand sanitizing at the front door.
- Frequent sanitizing of ballet barres and frequently touched areas.
- Lobby and waiting areas for students only.
- Utilizing one entrance and one exit for drop-off and pick-up for students in Studio A and Studio B.
- Requiring anyone that is sick with ANY illness or experiencing ANY symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home.
- If a student tests positive for COVID, the family must contact BCSTX immediately.
Overview of School Policies
For your child’s safety…
- Please escort students ages 7 and under in and out of the building, instead of dropping them off in the parking lot or street.
- When arriving, students should quietly prepare for class and assemble quietly outside the classrooms until invited in by their instructor.
- Students in Ballet III and up, however, may quietly enter the classrooms early for warm up.
- Please arrange for prompt pick up after class. We cannot be responsible for watching children after their class time.
- Students waiting to be picked up should sit quietly in the lobby until parents arrive.
- Children are not allowed to wait outside or leave the premises until parents retrieve them.
- Ballet shoes cannot be worn outside of the building: It reduces the life of the shoes and it can bring hazardous materials into the studio that can damage the dance floor and/or cause injuries for students and company dancers.
- All dancers must be wear a “cover-up” over their uniform when entering and leaving the building.
For the full list School Policies, see the Student Handbook.
Dorothy’s Dance Shop is the preferred dancewear retailer of The Ballet Conservatory of South Texas. Click here to view and print the class uniform list. Visit Dorothy’s Dance Shop at 1532 Austin Highway, San Antonio, TX 78218 | (866) 587-3956.
Click here to learn how to make the perfect bun for class. Having hair properly secured is essential at The Ballet Conservatory of South Texas.
- Semester – 5% discount (If you choose to pay semester tuition in full, you may pay by check or cash.)
- Monthly installments are due on the 1st of each month.
- Monthly payments must be set up on auto charge with a bank or checking account. Your account will automatically be charged on the 1st of every month.
- A late fee of $25 will be charged for payments received after the 5th of the month.
- Instructors cannot accept tuition payment.
- Accounts must be current and have a $0.00 balance before the student can participate in performances and before a costume will be given.
Tuition Discounts (Does not apply to Summer Intensive, Summer Camps, Workshops, and or Master Classes)
- 10% for each additional family member
- 10% military discount
- Annual Registration Fee (for fall and spring classes): $50.
- Academy Showcase Fee: $115 per student. Fee due January 14, 2022 – includes costume.
- Tuition is non-refundable. This also includes tuition payments for summer camps and intensives, summer class, and adult class cards.
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we do not issue refunds. Thank you for your support!
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Click here for more information. Please direct financial aid inquiries to Marie Sanchez, Administrative Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 210-820-3400.
The deadline to submit a completed application for financial aid is
Friday, July 22, 2022.