BALLET FOR ALL
Confidence on stage starts with a sense of belonging in the studio
The Ballet Conservatory of South Texas aspires to represent the diverse communities of San Antonio and create a collective voice through movement. We believe a welcoming and inclusive studio can make a tangible difference in the art created and strengthen the connection between dancers and supporters. Ballet can provide access to the performing arts and build life skills. Therefore, we are committed to:
- Actively building relationships with individuals and organizations not currently serviced by our program.
- Consistently learning and evolving.
- Supporting all students to find their voice in the studio, on stage, and in life.
Registration for the 2023-24 Season is Open!
Register now to join us for the 2023-24 Performance Season, now in session. It’s not too late to sign up for classes. To participate in the End of Year Academy Showcase, the performance fee must be paid no later than January 5, 2024. If you have any questions, you may reach our staff at 210-820-3400 or email@example.com.
Currently enrolled families may access the Family Portal to view communication from BCSTX, send a message to our staff, update contact and payment information and pay fees.
Important Upcoming Events
Please check in with our Season Calendar for a full listing of events and studio closures. The following is a brief list of upcoming dates to remember.
- Wednesday, January 3: First Day of Spring Semester
- Friday, January 5: Performance Fees due for End of Year Academy Showcase (“Alice in Wonderland”)
- Saturday, March 2: BCSTX Company Spring Performance – Giselle: The Second Act and Other Contemporary Selections
- Monday, March 11 – Saturday, March 16: Spring Break – No Regularly Scheduled Classes
- Friday, March 29: Good Friday – Studio Closed
- Monday, May 6 – Saturday, May 11: Parent Observation Days
- Saturday, May 18: Dress Rehearsal for End of Year Academy Showcase (times will be provided)
- Monday, May 27: Memorial Day – Studio Closed
- Saturday, June 1: End of Year Academy Showcase – Alice in Wonderland
- Wednesday, June 5 – Friday, June 14: Summer Intensive for Levels IV, V and VI
- Monday, June 10 – Friday, June 14: Summer Intensive for Level III
Movin’ Easy is BCSTX’s Source for Uniforms!
BCSTX has partnered with Movin Easy Dancewear to supply all the uniform items your dancer requires for class. Dancers in Ballet III and up can now select from tights and shoes that match their own skin tone. Please visit movineasy.com to purchase your dancer’s uniform items online or download an order form and follow the instructions on the form to submit your order.
Our Covid-19 Protocols have been modified to reflect the decline in cases in Bexar County. Please visit our School Policies page for more information.
Our Lobby is Open!
We are grateful to our families for their patience as we navigated through the COVID-19 restrictions and protocols. We are pleased to have our families back in our main lobby. The lobby to Studio C will remain closed for the security and safety of our students and instructors.
Please keep in mind:
- Our lobby is small, with limited seating. Please ONLY 1 or 2 guests per dancer. This includes supervised siblings. We ask that you do not leave your children unattended in our lobby, kitchen, or dressing rooms.
- NO Video or Photographs are allowed while students are in class.
- All cell phone conversations should be taken outside.
- Parents with dancers in CM I, CM II, Pre-Ballet, and Primary Ballet in Studio C will be allowed to view class from the flat screen monitor in the main lobby. The lobby in Studio C is closed to all guests.